Wednesday, September 5, 2012

illustration - joana

Illustrator Joana's art reminds me of Catherynne M. Valente's fantasy and science
fiction.  Ex. Silently, Very Fast, one of her short science fiction works - with its
strange, but brilliant, imagery, metaphors, and character dynamics.

The light-motes trace arcs over the globe of my heart, reflecting softly on her belly,
green and gold. Her hair floats around her like seaweed, and I see in dim moonlight
that her hair has grown so long it fills the lake and snakes up into the distant
mountains beyond. Neva is the lake. One by one, the motes of my heart zigzag
around my meridians and pass into her belly, glowing inside her, fireflies in a jar.

- Valente, Silently, Very Fast


























































No comments:

Post a Comment